ANN: edit_message plugin

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Jan 25 13:40:59 GMT 2006

I'm probably not the most accurate person, and sometimes I commit
revision with message that consist small typo or syntax error.
Periodically I wish to have ability to easy re-edit those commited
messages. Finally I wrote this: edit_message plugin.

This plugin provide hidden command `edit-message` that can invoke
external editor and let you chance to edit commit message of some
revision. After editing it ask you (are you sure?) and rewrite
particular revision store file with updated message in xml file. Other
revision attributes and properties leaves unchanged.

Plugin was written based on examples how it realised in bzrlib itself
for log and commit operations. But I'm slightly don't understand yet gpg
signing operations so I was not implement this. Probably the best
solution is: don't touching signed revisons at all. Probably I should
explicitly check to signing and prevent to edit those revisions. Any
thoughts?

URLs:

http://bzr.onembedding.com/bzr.win/plugins/edit_message/edit_message.zip

bzr branch http://bzr.onembedding.com/bzr.win/plugins/edit_message/