[BUG] bug in weave.join() code

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jan 25 01:26:13 GMT 2006

James Blackwell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:21:02PM -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>>I found a pretty large bug in the Weave.join() code, which causes the
>>code to freak out quite a bit. Specifically the code:
>

> Would it be much effort to list the ramifiations of bugs like this in
> lay-person?

Doing a merge between 'jam-integration' and Robey's 'bzr.dev.sftp' takes
10 minutes on a dual 2.4GHz P4. After fixing, it takes 11 seconds.

>>Now this could actually be my fault. It might be caused by my
>>clean-weave plugin. But auditing my code, it doesn't look like that is
>>the case.
>

> You can blame me if you want. :)

Okay. I blame you for changing the reweave code to use a set() which
causes the parents to get re-ordered. 'bzr annotate' says the code was
added by Martin, but I think you secretly worked your way in there. :)