New bazaar web interface style

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at alice.it
Tue Jan 24 23:21:48 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 23:36, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2006, Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijack at alice.it> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am working in a new style of "my" web interface. You can see a preview there
> >
> > http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar-dev/hgweb-plugin-dev
> >
> > Because i am not a very good html designer any suggest are welcome..
>
> It looks good.  Some comments:
>
> I'd like if the 'inventory' view would show the commit message for the
> inventory that you're viewing.

Ok, I will add that

> In annotate view, it would be nice if the tooltips for the annotation
> markers showed the first line or two of the commit message.  Rather than
> showing the start of the revision id perhaps you could show the
> committer user name and the date, as gannotate does (I think).

This means that for every entry in the annotate we have to load a revision
entry: I fear that this will be too slow...

> In many of these interfaces I think it can be hard to get a sense of
> where you are and what you're looking at.  There are two directions you
> can look in: along the history (of a branch, or objects within it) or at
> one version of something (the branch inventory, or a file.)

Could you provide an examples ? I agree that something looking at the history ( as
in the diff page where are two two revid to look ) is not so obvious, but
in my interface in every page you can navigate in the history... So I don't
understand very well your point: but that doesn't mean that you are wrong...

> So for
> context the UI needs to convey which of these directions you're looking
> in, what object, and what revisions.  Perhaps that can be more clear
> somehow.  One possibly confusing thing is that some of the buttons in
> the top left change the way in which the current object is displayed and
> some look in a completely different direction.
>

> --
> Martin
Goffredo

--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack at inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9