[rfc] [patch] sftp unit tests without ssh

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Tue Jan 24 19:10:40 GMT 2006

On 23 Jan 2006, at 17:46, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> So I don't think we have to worry about maintaining bzr compatibility
> with every revision in paramiko. But you didn't have a fix yet.
> That and I'm having trouble pulling the tree now, because it fails to
> install revisions.

Does this work now, btw?

>> Well, good news and bad news.  The good news is that I get the same
>> speedup with a bzr.dev.sftp + bzr.jam monster merge.  The bad news is
>> that it has 19 failures and 50 errors.  They're all in non-sftp-
>> related
>> code.  Also I had 3 conflicts during the merge (again, none
>> related to
>> my changes).  I think if you merge up with bzr.dev first  you
>> might have
>> better luck, but it looks like the 2 trees have  diverged too much
>> right
>> now.
>
> I just merged bzr.dev. bzr.dev has merged all of me through Robert's
> integration branch. So I'm not sure why you have changes showing up.
>
> Something seems odd with your setup, as I don't seem to have the same
> issues on my end.

I think trying to cross merge over such a long distance was just
confusing it.  I did the following this morning:

* update bzr.dev
* merge bzr.dev -> my sftp branch
* update jam-integration
* merge my sftp branch into jam-integration

This time no conflicts, and a short merge.  It looks like it worked
against jam-integration, so I have confidence that if you try again,
this time it'll work:

selftest on jam-integration: 320 seconds
selftest on bzr.dev.sftp: 191 seconds
selftest on jam-integration after merge: 186 seconds

(This is on my laptop, disconnected, while playing loud music.
You'll get better times.) :)

I've updated my "bzr.dev.sftp" branch at <http://www.lag.net/~robey/
bzr.dev.sftp> with the bzr.dev merge.

robey