Problems updating an old install

Vincent LADEUIL v.ladeuil at alplog.fr
Tue Jan 24 12:51:43 GMT 2006

    Aaron> Vincent LADEUIL wrote:
    >>> Trying to install that I get :

    >>> 23, in ?  | import xml.sax.saxutils | ImportError: No
    >>> module named sax.saxutils

    Aaron> This is a problem with in-place upgrades, because they
    Aaron> don't usually delete old pyc files.

    vila> Err...

    vila> But line 23 of branch.py is :

    vila> import xml.sax.saxutils

    vila> I don't really understand python but isn't it something
    vila> like a include of 'xml.sax.saxutils' ?

    vila> And bzr annotate reveals :

    vila> merge john at arbash-meinel.com 20060119 | import
    vila> xml.sax.saxutils

    vila> And deleting that line solve the problem....

No, it don't :)  Further inspection revealed that this correction
is part of the revision :

john at arbash-meinel.com-20060119212501-cb28cf532a878c41
(fileid_involved needs to unescape the file id and revision id).

Incomplete tests made me believe that the problem vanished, but I
was wrong.

Any help appreciated as I am new to python :-/

    Vincent