[rfc] [patch] speeding up bzr log with a tree delta iterator

Denys Duchier duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Jan 19 16:49:10 GMT 2006

John A Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> That seems generally more useful. I still wish log could support 1
> revision which is not in the revision-history.

I don't think that's meaningful.  You need a revision history to do a delta,
otherwise you can't know which is the "previous" revision (you can use left-most
parent, but that's arbitrary).  Consider 2 branches A and B: first, in A you
merge B and commit, then in B you pull A.  Both branches now have the same
"head" revision, but they have different revision histories.  In particular, the
"head" revision has a different predecessor in A and in B.

Cheers,

--Denys