bzr 0.7 release candidate 2

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jan 18 14:39:59 GMT 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> I'm happy to announce availability of the second release candidate for
> bazaar-ng version 0.7.
>
>   http://bazaar-ng.org/pkg/bzr-0.7rc2.tar.bz2
>   http://bazaar-ng.org/pkg/bzr-0.7rc2.tar.bz2.sig
>
> The major changes since rc1 are performance enhancements contributed by
> Denys Duchier and Goffredo Baroncelli.

Did you intend to include all of the ancestry? It makes the tarball 3Mb,
which isn't terrible, though the checkout is 35M.

I like being able to see the ancestry of the branch, we just haven't
done releases this way in the past.

(Without the history, the tarball is only 444KB).

Very happy to hear about the release, though.

Is there a reason you haven't included any of the ftp fixes? 0.7rc2
won't be able to push to an ftp site because of the put() problems, and
probably won't be able to get from it either (an old typo).

I tried to run 'bzr selftest', and I got 6 'PermissionDenied' exceptions
from the SFTP transport test. I'm trying to look through them now.