[MERGE] Improvements to is_ignored, factored out glob stuff.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jan 17 23:11:14 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 16:44 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> > +class replacer(object):
> > +    """Do a multiple-pattern substitution.
> > +
> > +    The patterns and substitutions are combined into one, so the result of
> > +    one replacement is never substituted again. Add the patterns and
> > +    replacements via the add method and then call the object. The patterns
> > +    must not contain capturing groups.
> > +    """
> > +    _expand = re.compile(ur'\\&')
> > +    def __init__(self):
> > +        self._pat = None
> > +        self._pats = []
> > +        self._funs = []
> > +
>
> I think PEP8 says there should be a blank line between the final """ of
> the doc string, and the _expand, and then another one before def. But
> Robert is the PEP8 guru/grammer nazi :)

in a class - yes. One line between each class scope thing.:

class Foo(object):
    """Docstring."""

    class_scope = None

    def another_class_scope(self, foo):
        """docstring."""

    def another_another(self):
        """docstring."""

also note that classes should be CapitalisedWords. In the rest of this
file in the patch there are double-lines between methods - this is not
PEP8.

Rob