[ANN] graft plugin

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jan 17 14:22:09 GMT 2006

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>  bzr graft source_branch target_branch
>
> graft is a plugin for grafting a branch onto the end of another.  It
> iterates over the revisions in a source branch and applies and commits them
> to the target branch, preserving revision data such as committer, timestamp,
> and message.
>
> This plugin is most useful for concatenating lines of development on the
> same code, from different eras: one may have an old branch in CVS, and a
> newer branch that started from an import of a tarball in another VCS.  After
> converting both to bzr, one can use graft to join the two together for a
> continuous line of development.
>
> graft can be pulled from:
>
>   http://repo.spacepants.org/bzr/plugins/graft/
>
> and has a homepage at:
>
>   http://spacepants.org/src/bzrgraft/

Thanks for writing this. I may have a specific use for this, since I did
just convert a project that was in both CVS and Arch. The biggest
problem for me is that the two branches were synchronized periodically.
So I would both have to find the common ancestor, and figure out how to
handle when they were merged.

But the plugin itself is very nice to have.