Bazaar-NG doesn't work right with Python 2.4.2

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Mon Jan 16 20:12:21 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 21:05:25 +0100, Jan Hudec wrote:
> That might not, but the fact that the value does not include http:// seems
> to! Looking through the library code, there is a first regex match which
> strips out protocol and then another that gets the host part -- and that one
> requires the // to preceede it. So the http_proxy setting really has to be
> HTTP_PROXY="http://192.168.0.1:9191"
>
> Note that python recognizes both HTTP_PROXY and http_proxy, as well as any
> other capitalization, but some other programs may only accept the lowercase
> version. It is certainly more common.

I forgot to add, that though it works if correctly set (and I indeed use
a http_proxy here without any problem), it still is a bug in python --
libraries like this should give error messages understandable without reading
the source. So I suggest you report this as a bug in python 2.4.2 urllib.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>