Repository branch initialization.

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sun Jan 15 15:25:24 GMT 2006

Hello All,

I have considered automatic creation of .bzrignore instead of always adding
the default ignore set to it and I bumped into following problem:

cmd_init real work is done in BzrBranch(path, init=True). That however does
not include a WorkingTree, which would, logically, be responsible for
creating default .bzrignore. The branch could instead create a revision (ugh)
adding that file, but ... yes, it would still need a WorkingTree to do
a revert. Dirty solution would of course be to simply create the file. But
the actual problem is how it should be done when repository branches are
introduced.

Therefore I'd like to ask: What are the plans for UI for creating repository
branches and checkouts? (I have seen http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrArchives,
but it does not say anything about the new command to create archives).

Thanks,

Jan

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>