[rfc] [patch] pycurl transport

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 05:27:04 GMT 2006

On 12/01/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> On 11 Jan 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>
> > Decode used to be in the transport api. But hasn't been for a long time.
> > The parameter isn't even used in HttpTransport, and should be removed.
>
> OK I'll kill it.

Done in that branch.

This is, by the way, an interesting case for the API stability promise
discussed a little while ago.  If we really strictly meant to keep
external API stability, then we shouldn't remove this parameter even
though it does nothing: it's just possible there's external code which
does pass decode=False and will be broken.

So I'm not sure.  Maybe there is some room for discretion or maybe
even small changes like this should go through a deprecation phase in
the future.
--
Martin