[BUG] transport.local: when local path given in url form

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jan 9 18:57:41 GMT 2006

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> When I run push command with local path that given in url form with
> 'file://' prefix I got error:
>
> E:\work\Python\bzr\bzr.dev>python bzr push file://d:/push/bzr.dev
> bzr: ERROR: Path u'E:/work/Python/bzr/bzr.dev/file:/d:/push/bzr.dev' is
> not a child of path u'd:/push'
>
> I think it's because LocalTransport.relpath() method does not handle
> this case (when path specified with 'file://' prefix).
>
> --
> Alexander

Yeah, I think LocalTransport is supposed to strip off the file:// stuff.

I'm not really sure what a correct windows file:// url looks like. I
know on linux you end up with triple slashes "file:///usr/local/foo".
I assume that you can go to your browser and type:

file://d:/push/bzr.dev

If that works (and isn't modified), then it is probably the correct syntax.