keep tutorial in the source tree

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jan 9 18:37:04 GMT 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We discussed last year the idea of storing the tutorial in the source
> tree rather than on the Wiki.  I'm going to merge in a change which does
> this and remove it from the wiki.
>
> I think the advantages are
>
>  * changes that modify the behaviour can carry the documentation update
> with them
>
>  * it's easier to install the tutorial when bzr is installed
>
>  * we can potentially use doctest to check that all commands function as
> documented
>
> The main disadvantage is that people who want to contribute improvements
> need to send patches or suggestions to the list rather than editing it
> directly on the wiki, but I think this is not too much of a burden.

I'm okay with this, though not 100%. Having it on the wiki does make it
a lot easier for people to edit. Making a change and hitting submit is a
lot easier than grabbing the source, bringing up vim, changing some
stuff, and then using diff/bzr diff/future bzr submit.

Which Tutorial are you talking about, though. IntroductionToBzr?