Q: How to merge my changes back to a shared repository?

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Jan 8 19:31:12 GMT 2006

Claudius Schnörr wrote:
> That looks fine, however I get the following error:
>
> bzr push
> bzr: ERROR: unknown command 'push'
>
> I used it on cygwin (bzr (bazaar-ng) 0.6.2).
>
> After installation of the same version on ubuntu-linux I get the same
> error.
>
> Is there something I have to install in addition?
>
> Claudius

Actually, you just have an older version of bzr, before we implemented push.
There is an extra package (bzrtools), which provides a 'push' command
that uses rsync to push the changes to the remote location.

http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrInstallation

It is a little bit risky to use rsync if the remote location is shared
between multiple people. It just does plain byte-copying, and doesn't
lock the remote files, so it is possible that two people pushing at the
same time could cause the branch to become corrupted. A push from a
clean tree would fix it.

Truly shared remote branches will be more supported in bzr 0.7 (it is in
the development tree for quite a while).