[RFC] more encodings tests [was: bzr handles unicode]

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Jan 7 14:34:46 GMT 2006

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> One more test: I was write this one before I pull your latest changes.
> This test fails in main bzr.dev but successfully pass in your encoding
> branch r1527. If you think that this test is worth to include to your
> branch then please review this one.
>
> --
> Alexander

> +    def test_stdout_ascii(self):
> +        sys.stdout = StringIO()
> +        bzrlib.user_encoding = 'ascii'
> +        working_tree = self.make_uncommitted_tree()
> +        stdout, stderr = self.run_bzr_captured(["--no-plugins", "status"])

Looking at this closer, is there a reason you are using '--no-plugins'?
I don't believe it has any effect at this point. run_bzr_captured() just
calls into the library, it doesn't spawn bzr. So unless you run 'bzr
--no-plugins selftest' the plugins are already loaded.

I also find:

stdout, stderr = self.run_bzr('--no-plugins', 'status')
easier to write, because you don't have to also provide [].