Questions: why for pycrypto needed?

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Jan 6 19:53:38 GMT 2006

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> I probably miss something about bzr. On newly added page in wiki:
>
>>> http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrInstallation I read that bzr want
>>> pycrypto package. Is there some new features is coming?
>>

>> Paramiko requires pycrypto. And bzr requires paramiko for sftp support.
>

> I'm probably bore man. But pycrypto mentioned in top 3 must have things
> for bzr. Paramiko mentioned later in 'strongly recommended' section. My
> brain did not build bridge between paramiko and pycrypto. So, my first
> thought was: 'wow, to bzr added new cool features?'
>
> --
> Alexander

Well, James Blackwell was the one who wrote the page. So before I fix it
up, I'd like to know what he was thinking.
Basically, I would move it from Required into Strongly Recommended.

Also, cElementTree is only Strongly Recommended. Though it is very
strongly recommended for performance reasons. (10x faster for reading
XML than elementtree).