[patch] deprecation warnings branch

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jan 5 13:05:43 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 22:53 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> Hi. seeking a +1:

Updated patch attached, and pushed to the branch. This changes:

> results in the following pydoc output:
> Help on function decorated_function in bzrlib:
>
> bzrlib.get_bzr_revision = decorated_function(*args, **kwargs)
>     If bzr is run from a branch, return (revno,revid) or None.
>
>     This function was deprecated in version 0.7.

> Help on function decorated_function in bzrlib:
>
> bzrlib.get_bzr_revision = get_bzr_revision(*args, **kwargs)
>     If bzr is run from a branch, return (revno,revid) or None.
>
>     This function was deprecated in version 0.7.

Changing the method signature will require hacking vm bytecode or
dynamically generating the decorated-method method. While aspect
orientated shit is interesting, its not interesting enough for me to
care right now. I dont think it matters though, as these are
*deprecated* functions anyway.

Rob