the inventory must be updated as merge proceeds, not at the end

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jan 2 23:36:57 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 15:52 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> But I certainly can add '--include-file-info' as a command line flag
> which would write out the last changed revision for each file.
> I suppose we might also want to write out the revision dates in the
> revision information, so you can figure out what the last changed date
> for each file was.

So the idea is that a user can generate something like:
=== version.py
file_versions = {'foo.py':'1',
                 'bar.py':'modified'}

(or C, or C++ or haskell etc.). This then goes in their tarball, into
their binaries etc etc.

Printing out something like:
foo.py\t1
bar.py\tmodified

would let a little sed magic do that easily.

This was based on the most recent IRC 'I want $Id' conversation ;).

Yes, an optional flag makes sense to me.

Rob