merging johns integration to mine..

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jan 2 23:30:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:22 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > Hi John,
> > 	during the merge I caught some VWS issues :).
> >
> > But more importantly you had this:
> >
> >     def setUp(self):
> >         TestCaseInTempDir.setUp(self)
> >         if not paramiko_loaded:
> >             raise TestSkipped('you must have paramiko to run this test')
> >

> > If the setUp fails, then tearDown is not invoked:
> > the right way to do this as per our test enhancing spec isn't coded yet,
> > but if you are tweaking setUp to abort, do so before any base class code
> > runs:
> >
> >     def setUp(self):
> >         if not paramiko_loaded:
> >             raise TestSkipped('you must have paramiko to run this test')
> >         TestCaseInTempDir.setUp(self)

Did this one.

> > Also, PEP8-:
> > +    def check_mode(test, path, mode):
> > +        """On win32 chmod doesn't have any effect,
> > +        so don't actually check anything
> > +        """
> >

> > Probably would be better with a docstring like:
> >     def check_mode(test, path, mode):
> >         """Win32 does not have modes - do nothing."""
> >
> > But the code looks to me like a if block in a single function would
> > actually be easier to read.

Didn't change this, just giving feedback.

> > Other than that, I've merged your integration to my integration.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob
> >

> Did you make these changes, or are you requesting that I make them?

Both :). Also, I found a bug -for me- with the fancy_rename usage
against paramiko, possibly because I have an old paramiko - could you
verify I did not fuck it when I tweaked the merge? (I found this after
sending the prior message).

Cheers,
Rob