[BUG] merge_inner no longer used

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Dec 31 05:33:27 GMT 2005

The current bzr.dev code has merge() not using merge_inner(). The
specific problem is that I'm trying to write some test cases, which end
up needing to do merges.
And it turns out that merge_inner() doesn't end up calling
'set_pending()', which might be intentional. But it also doesn't call
'merger.set_other()' or 'merger.set_base()', which means it doesn't
actually fetch any revisions into the local branch.
Now it does seem like merge_inner() expects that everything is already
set up for it.
I'm looking for a bzrlib command, that basically lets me run 'bzr merge
../a', only I can give it the branch object that I want to merge into,
rather than giving it a path, and having it instantiate a new branch.
(For example, I might have a branch that I already have a write lock on,
and I don't want to create a new one. Double locking would fail on
windows, and over sftp).

Is there an appropriate command? Or do I have to either do it myself, or
go through merge() by using:

merge((other.base, 4), (this.base, 2), this_dir=this.base)