Bound branches re-implemented

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Dec 31 01:01:01 GMT 2005

I'm sure you've all seen my emails asking how bound branches should
behave. Which means that I've gone ahead and re-implemented bound branches.

Basically, the primary complaint was that I was hooking into
'set_revision_history', which meant that the local branch was being
updated before the remote branch, though the changes would not be
finalized until the remote branch was updated.

I've gotten all tests to pass again. So once again, we have the ability
to create bound branches. My branch is available here:

http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/branches/bzr/bound-branch/

I'm currently working on a couple more test cases (testing that things
work over sftp for instance).

But I think it is ready for people to stress test. Also, I think it is
at a state that it could be reviewed for merging. After I get some tests
written, I'll merge it up-to-date against my integration branch to make
sure any conflicts are resolved.