selftest output noisy with debug messages (was Re: [patch] exclude .bzrignore from export, this time with tests)

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Dec 29 03:23:37 GMT 2005

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>> I've repatched it now, and added blackbox tests.
>
> Incidentally, there's a lot of crap in the output of selftest, is all that
> test output necessary?

I assume you are talking specifically about the
"test_set_user_setting_sets_and_saves broken:" and such comments.

They are there to remind people that they should be fixed. Basically it
means that a test isn't being run, and should be updated so that it can
be run.

At this point we might be able to switch to raise TestSkipped(), which
would be less of an eyesore, but the eyesore is the reason it is there
(to encourage people to fix it :)