Updated tags support

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Dec 28 23:06:40 GMT 2005

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 10:44:15AM -0600 I heard the voice of
John A Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:
> Johan Rydberg wrote:
> >
> > I guess that you want tags to be shared between all _related_
> > branches?

I would say "yes"; ignoring a bunch of edge cases, if I merge
revisions from you and you've got tags on them, I should have those
tags too.

> I would rather see tags independently revisioned.

I would second this, with the tags totally divorced from the 'bzr ci'
process.  I think creating/updating/removing the tag should just
"auto-commit" the tag as well; making a process 2-step unnecessarily
is somewhat annoying.

Command-wise, I'd favor filing everything under one `bzr tag` command.
Proliferation of top-level commands is unpleasant.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net