class 'intent' documentation

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Dec 23 04:19:11 GMT 2005

I've started some documentation about the key classes in bzrlib at
http://bazaar.canonical.com/Classes. This is deliberately not the
-current- behaviour but rather the things we seem to be saying classes
should/should not be responsible for. This gives folk writing code some
simple principles to assess where apis should go. And also whether
things should be public or private. (If its not a prime responsibility,
why is it on the class? If its a helper -> private, if its someone elses
problem, move it:).

Also note that its -not- API documentation, that belongs in the
codebase. Its not intended to be a discussion place - the list is for
that. But once a consensus is reached, updating these pages would help
contributors a lot I think.

Rob