[RFC] bzr.jrydberg.versionedfile

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Wed Dec 21 19:32:09 GMT 2005

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> Well, I'm not sure about Johan's specific implementation, but it would
> be possible to supply the 'Knit.join()' command a list of revisions
> which I think I'm going to be interested in. And it will only bring
> those in.

The VersionedFile API defines "join" like this:

    def join(self, other, version_ids, transaction, pb=None):
        """Integrate versions from other into this versioned file.

        If version_ids is None all versions from other should be
        incorporated into this versioned file.

        Must raise RevisionNotPresent if any of the specified versions
        are not present in the other files history."""

If version_ids is specified, those versions and their ancestry
versions will be pulled.

~j