[patch] Use /etc/mailname if available

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 21 10:57:41 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 23:05:57 -0500, James Blackwell wrote:
> So.. what about taking commiter id out of the revid? Then, we could
> consider making committer id mutable -- perhaps in the same way and tools
> as we're hoping tag will end up being.  While we're at it, why not allow
> for other neat mutable things? Changing committer ids, commit dates,
> appending additional log messages (I would call these annotations, but the
> word means something different).

It would have to be limited though. In that you could only:
1) Change the committer ID to your ID. If the revision was signed, prove that
   you signed it.
2) Change the other stuff (except adding comments) only on revisions you
   committed. If the revision is signed, prove that you signed it.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>