windows support

Brett Calcott brett at coombs.anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 20 00:36:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've just started looking at bzr, and I like what I see. I use windows
on my laptop, though I've worked on unix and linux. I'm a reasonably
experienced python programmer. I write everything in python, plus a
little boost-python for speed. I've used CVS, SVN, Clearcase (gag!) and
and something I forget the name of (Code-??) on unix.

I have a few questions, if people have the time to answer at this time
of the year :)

1. Is there an official windows branch that is kept up to date with the
mainline? A have downloaded the 0.6.2 version, and it works fine -- but
I see there is lots of new stuff going on I'd like to get my hands on.

2. Is there a faster way to get a branch that using http. Branching
takes an awful long time (> 1hr). I'm in Australia, if that makes a
difference.

3. How do I simply check out an older version of a file(s) from a local
branch?

Cheers,
Brett