[RFC] bzr.jrydberg.versionedfile

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Mon Dec 19 03:24:21 GMT 2005

Hi,

During the last week I've done some more work on my versionedfile
branch, and have implemented the knit history format.  There is still
a lot of things to do, but I think it is in the state where you as a
public user can give it a try.

The branch can be found at:

  http://repo.panadafs.org/bzr/bzr.jrydberg.versionedfile/

It is also possible to rsync it:

  rsync -av repo.panadafs.org::bzr/bzr.jrydberg.versionedfile .

I also have a version of the branch in knit format available at:

  http://repo.panadafs.org/bzr/knit/bzr.jrydberg.versionedfile/

To upgrade a existing branch to knit format you can use the "--format
knit" option to the upgrade command.  I've also created a "compare"
command, which can be used to compare the history of two branches.

As I said, there is still work that needs to be done.  It is far from
finished.  For example, partial accesses via http is not supported in
the http-transport yet.  But comments are welcome, as well as bug
reports.

~j