Making "bzr diff" call an external GUI diff program.

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Dec 17 06:26:09 GMT 2005

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>> Actually, I had expanded the vimdiff plugin so that it could take a
>> range of arguments, would set the temp files to readonly, etc.
>> But that was on another machine which I don't have access to (I was
>> working offline on a laptop).
>> I'll publish once I have access again.
>
> I'd really like to get a copy of that when you have time/access.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

I just found where I did it. It turns out that I did have access, I had
just done the development on a machine I don't typically use (only did
it because my laptop was missing).

Anyway, you can get it here:

http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/plugins/vimdiff/

This is just an extension to Martin's vimdiff plugin. It allows you to
specify revision ranges (bzr vimdiff -r 2, bzr vimdiff -r 2..4).
It makes any temporary file readonly, so that you know editing it won't
really do anything.

I think it is just a simple extension, but certainly it could be adapted
to running any other diff program.

Actually, I could see incorporating something like this into mainline
bzr. I was thinking something like "bzr gdiff" for gui-diff, which could
have a configuration entry in ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf for the default gui
diff program.

Anyway, enjoy.