[RFC] per-branch umask

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Dec 15 16:30:05 GMT 2005

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 11:16 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>

>>Anyway, I'm happy saying everything underneath .bzr/ should have the
>>same permissions. And I don't think it adds a lot of overhead.
>>
>>What about Aaron, Martin, or Robert, do you agree?
>

> I think the Repository spec should be considered in this.
>
> so .bzr/repository/* <- same permissions
> .bzr/checkout/* <- same permissions
> .bzr/branch/ <- same permissions
>
> but those three might vary from each other.

I completely agree. And I think when it is implemented, that is how it
should work.

I also agree that setting umask is evil inside a library. Any sort of
change to global state that was not specifically requested should be
avoided.

I'll spend a little bit of time working on it, and let you know what I
work out.