baz-import test requires 'testresources'

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 15 05:50:41 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:14 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Also, I need a workaround for the current baz-import using "Arch:" as
> the revision identifier prefix. I really want to switch one of my
> repositories from Arch to bzr, but I have to be able to check it out on
> Windows.
> I was thinking about just hacking the code to use "Arch-" instead, and
> just do a one-time conversion and not worry about it in the future. But
> I would really prefer to do the "correct" thing.

At this point, I'd like to not change the escaping in the bazimport
code, except where it fails to escape and this cannot be incompatible...
as there a a non trivial number of folk (and no I don't mean canonical -
we've *done* our conversion for the most part and are not needing to
interoperate, the remaining branches can always be done on the current
code base) already importing and interoperating/migrating.. I think the
solution  you need is teaching revision-store to escape/unescape, and a
new branch format marker.

> Though as a side note, if we just decide to prohibit non-filesystem safe
> revision identifiers (or encode them on disk), I realized that this
> probably could be done outside of "bzr upgrade". We no longer keep track
> of revision sha1's (and we never look at the inventory sha1 either,
> maybe we do in 'bzr check'). But anyway, a simple script that goes
> through all of the revision store and renames the files, and renames the
> internal identifiers should be enough.
> It probably could be done with a simple regex substitution, since at
> present the revision identifier is not present in any hashes. (It would
> be present in the .sig file, but as of yet, that isn't really used).

Rob