[PLUGIN] Lesslog -> run bzr log through less automatically

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Tue Dec 13 21:20:53 GMT 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:22, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> duchier at ps.uni-sb.de wrote:
> > Jan Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz> writes:
> >>bzr log -<number>
> >>(for any numerical value of -<number>) would be shortcut for -r
> >> -1..-<number>
> >
> > Oh, I _really_ like this!  That's pretty much what I always want: the
> > last n log entries.
>
> I pretty much always want a particular revision.  I'm also a little
> worried how that applies to other commands.  I don't think it would be
> appropriate for all of them, but I wouldn't want to introduce
> unnecessary inconsistency.

I think having a command that interprets it's argument(s) as sometimes a file
and sometimes a revision is bad UI.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person