converting CVS branches

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Dec 13 18:23:54 GMT 2005

I'm trying to figure out if there is a decent way to convert a couple
branches from CVS to BZR.
I tried Tailor to convert mainline, and though I had to patch it for the
latest bzr.dev, and it was slow, it seemed to handle the 1.6k revisions
just fine.

But I would really like to also get 2 of the branches imported. (The
last release, and the current dev branch).

Does anyone know how to do it? Is cscvs available somewhere with bzr
support? This is intended to be a one time conversion, though allowing
multiple conversions would be nice, in case someone does a commit in the
old repository.

Right now, the best I can figure is to use Tailor to import main, and
then do a little bit of manual work to import a couple of the branches.

Thanks for any help,