bzr configuartion locations

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Dec 5 07:58:35 GMT 2005

On  5 Nov 2005, Paul Sladen <ubuntu at paul.sladen.org> wrote:
> What's the eventual plan with regard to:
>
>   ~/.bzr/
>   ~/.bazaar/
>   ~/.bzr.conf/
>   ./.bzr/email
>   ./.bazaar/{bazaar,branches}.conf
>
> If I know I can (try) making all the code and documentation point to one
> location.

Hi, sorry for the delay.

We are phasing out ~/.bzr and ~/.bzr.conf in favor of ~/.bazaar.  At the
moment ~/.bazaar/branches.conf is for configuration that applies
per-branch but that is stored outside of the branch directory.
bazaar.conf is for global configuration.

> Could:
>
>   ./.bzrignore
>
> be moved to:
>
>   ./.bzr/ignore
>
> or would that be affected because it's normally versioned?

Yes, that's why.  It seems like a tolerable solution.

--
Martin