"0 conflicts encountered."

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Dec 3 05:40:28 GMT 2005

Aaron Bentley wrote:

> What would be really nice, though, is a "patience"-based
> SequenceMatcher.  Did you ever get that working well?  The default
> Python one is just too stupid when dealing with files that have had
> partially-matching regions inserted.

I've merged my cdv-diff matcher so that you can get the code from:
http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/branches/bzr/cdv-diff/

It is up-to-date against my integration branch, but I would really like
to run a much larger set of tests on it. I tried looking for a corpus of
text to diff, but it really hasn't been my focus, so I'm not sure where
to look.

Since you've looked at the merging stuff, do you want to take a peak for
how this diff works? I did some performance numbers, and it is slower
than difflib, but not terribly so.

You might see if it is doing better matches, and if you would recommend
it. I'm pretty sure I have the bugs worked out, though.