"0 conflicts encountered."

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Fri Dec 2 21:14:46 GMT 2005

Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

>> And when are we thinking to switch to --merge-type=weave?
>
> I'm not sure.  I actually prefer three-way diffs, most of the time
> - they give you a BASE file, so you can see what changes OTHER made.

AAUI, --merge-type does a 3-way merge at the file granularity (file
names and meta-information), and a weave merge for file content. So,
it shouldn't be difficult to put a file.BASE in the tree in case of
conflict, right? (but I guess getting the ancestor in the conflict
markers would be meaningless)

--
Matthieu