"0 conflicts encountered."

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Dec 2 17:05:22 GMT 2005

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John A Meinel wrote:
>>> However, I think we could do something like run status after a merge, to
>>> let people know that things changed, and what changed.
>
> Actually, I liked Brad's suggestion of making it a positive statement,
> like "All changes were applied successfully".
>
> Aaron

I like that too, but I would really like merge to report about what it
actually did.

Certainly we still have the bug that diff3 conflicts are reported in the
old locations rather than the new ones. And now it doesn't even tell you
that it moved anything.

Also, if we keep --merge-type=diff3 the default, can we include
--reprocess as the default as well? It is a lot nicer. (Naturally,
supplying --show-base would turn it off).

And when are we thinking to switch to --merge-type=weave?