"0 conflicts encountered."

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Dec 2 16:54:34 GMT 2005

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a silly remark about the "0 conflicts encountered." of bzr pull.
>
> conflict_s_ should be singular. Actually, what's disturbing me is that
> I tend to look quickly at the message and read "conflicts
> encountered". Perhaps it would be better to show no message at all
> when no conflict occur.

Actually, no. In English you get the plural form if you have 0. "I have
0 apples", "I have no apples".
You only get the singular if you have one "I have 1 apple".

Also, the message is there because you need to have some message that
something occurred. There were previous complaints that merge never said
anything.

However, I think we could do something like run status after a merge, to
let people know that things changed, and what changed.