Win32 branch *All tests pass*

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Dec 2 00:04:14 GMT 2005

Well, I have some happy news. After hacking all day, I am happy to say
that on my win32 branch, all the tests pass:
http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/branches/bzr/win32/

Now, that isn't to say that there aren't any problems on windows.

First, I've disabled sftp tests temporarily, which I need to bring back.

Second, part of the reason everything passes is because I made all
internal paths use a forward slash, and there are no tests which make
sure commands give backward slashes, so the test suite is not complete.

Third, I know for a fact that the "is_executable" checks are incorrect,
because native bzr tells me that the all of the executable bits are
unset on the bzr.dev tree.

Fourth, I'm pretty sure there are some tests which are commented out
right now, which probably shouldn't be.

So the test suite needs to be extended and then changes need to be
implemented. But at least it is starting to work.

Anyway, I thought I would let people know.

The tests also pass under cygwin and linux. Though making the tests pass
for cygwin was relatively easy, other than cygwin hanging because we
were doing "bzr pull .", there was very little cleanup to do.

I'm not going to merge this into jam-integration until people (including
myself) beat on it a little bit. And hopefully I'll have sftp tests
working soon.