managing plugin skew - patch in integration

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 29 22:52:46 GMT 2005

I was finding it troublesome to manage skew between different plugin
versions and my branches, especially with all the current incompatible
branches, *and* have the plugins available for my use in 'production'.

So I've patched the plugin system to not load plugins with a name that
has already been loaded. I.e. if I have 'bzrtools' in my source tree and
in ~/.bazaar/plugins/, the one in ~/.bazaar/plugins will be ignored.

Now I have the following structure on disk:

.../plugins/bzrtools/trunk
                    /storage
                    /..
.../plugins/email/trunk
                 /storage
                 /...

and so on. My ~/.bazaar/plugins/ symlinks point to trunk.

In my storage branch I have symlinks:
bzrlib/plugins/bzrtools -> ../../../plugins/bzrtools/storage

etc.

HTH,
Rob