bzr web interface

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at alice.it
Sun Nov 27 10:28:07 GMT 2005

Hi

On Sunday 27 November 2005 06:19, you (Wouter van Heyst) wrote:
> Now, I've been trying to use it to discover what needs to be done to
> reimplement --basis support for weaves, but when doing my annotate
> drilling down some things went wrong. For example, from
>
> http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar/bazaar-NG?cmd=content;rev=mbp@sourcefrog.net-20051125062856-e4c887417108fd9e;path=bzrlib/builtins.py
>
> I would look for cmd_branch, see that a bit of --basis is written there
> in the docstring, and decide to look at the originating revision, so I
> click on the revision next to it [1226]
>
> http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar/bazaar-NG?cmd=revision;rev=robertc@robertcollins.net-20051006130814-90d99eeecdb3218f
>
> oops, that's the wrong revision!? That's rather confusing, have I missed
> documentation? I've since learned I should take the hash next to it,
> which does lead to the revision where the change was made.
>
> http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar/bazaar-NG?cmd=revision;rev=aaron.bentley@utoronto.ca-20050925050838-77825e8fc4014093
>
> Unfortunately, that doesn't show me the code I was looking for, but
> looking at the parent does! Hah, maybe I'm starting to get this
> non-linear thing :)

Yes, how bazaar manages the revision is a bit confusing. They won't manages
the merged revision, so they don't assign a number to it. But because the
annotate command show the revision which has done the change ( even tough it is
a merged revision ),  i decided to show as number near the revision of a
merged revision, the number of 'official' revision which has merged the merged
revision. In order to highlight the fact the number is between '[' and ']'.

For examples suppose to

main branch                a(1) -> b(2) -> c(3) -> d(4)
                            \                     ^
derived branch               \--------->  e'-> f'/

rev d merge the rev c and rev c'; so an example of annotation of a file
modified in rev a,d,b,e',f' should be

1:rev a      bla bla bla
4:rev d      bla bla bla
2:rev b      bla bla bla
[4]:rev e'   bla bla bla
[4]:rev f'   bla bla bla
1:rev a      bla bla bla

So:

- if you click in the number without '[' and ']', you will go to the revision at the left;
- if you click in the number with '[' and ']', you will go to the revision which merged
the revision at the left;
- if you click in the revision, you will go to the revision clicked

I hope that this helps; one question: which browser do you use ? W$ Explorer and Mozilla
( Konqueror don't ) should raise a pop up which show the revision when you
are over the number or the revision ..

Goffredo

--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack AT inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9