bzr export/push with rsync

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Nov 22 20:29:01 GMT 2005

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> John A Meinel wrote:
>> http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/plugins/bzr-rsync/
>
> Sweet!
>
>> If we fix it up and enable it again, then we would have another
>> transport for:
>>
>> bzr branch rsync://host:path/to/files/
>>
>> Basically, rsync://<normal rsync path> so a double colon means to
>> connect to an rsync server, paths follow the colon, so they are relative
>> to home, but if you start with / they are global, etc.
>
> Ah, that would be truly great!  :)
>
>  /Jocke

Well, you might also be aware that the bzrtools' push command somehow
has been setup that it "decorates" the builtin push command, and makes
sftp and rsync work nicely together. I believe this is because it is how
Canonical is getting around the latency of "bzr push".

We certainly can clean up my plugin, but if bzrtools somehow manages a
best of both worlds, then it may not be worth trying to figure it out.