What we did at UBZ

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sun Nov 20 12:37:25 GMT 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 17:40:22 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Jan Hudec wrote:
[...]
> >  - And of course, the definition of pull remains that it can only apply
> >    revisions, that are descenants of the current destination head.
>
> No, the definition becomes that pull can only apply revisions that are
> desdants of the current destination head, and that the destination head
> must be the first parent.

It will _not_ be the first parent. It will be second one if it's a merge.

I believe it should work when the destination current head is not the first
parent. However as it always considers the first parent a mainline, it will
then show different mainline. I believe that's correct -- the branch is no
longer the same, but rather the old one was merged and forgotten and a new
one is created in the same directory.

> > Follows from that that after pull, the destination branch shows history
> > exactly the same as the source did. Actually it should be exactly equivalent
> > to source.
>
> Which is a change.

Ok.

--