How to get the diff between two arbitrary remote revisions?

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Thu Nov 17 18:12:31 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 12:50:51 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Jan Hudec wrote:
> > With two significant differences:
> >     - As I read the discussion, bzr archives are going to require explicit
> >       names for the heads (btw. git does too, or at least that I was told).
> >       Mercurial does not.
>
> Branches in repositories will each have their own filename.  Is that
> what you mean?  Other than that, I think naming is optional.

Yes. It is what I mean. You can only commit on the designated 'current
revision' of a named branch, so if you want to commit to anything else, you
must give it a name first. Unlike in mercurial where you just update to it
and commit. There are pros and cons to both of them. The mercurial way it's
less typing, but more mess.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>