Delta not showing modifications sometimes

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Tue Nov 15 23:29:48 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:47:08PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> > Is this by design, a mistake, a desirable side-effect, or what?
>
> It's the documented behavior.  ("Files that are both modified and
> renamed are listed only in renamed" -- delta.py)  I don't think it's
> very intuitive, though.

Yeah. Having the UI displaying only one changed state at a time doesn't
match with behaviour that the users know better about. Newer users could
wrongly assume that bzr can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

If the user builds up too many of these sorts of surprises before they hit
the docs and grok what's going on... well, they probably move on and look
for another tool that behaves