Bound branch implementation

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Tue Nov 15 17:38:31 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:37:55 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Off the top of my head, if you really want to simplify the model, you
> should get rid of standalone branches at the same time.  They can easily
> be represented as a treeless branch + a checkout in the same place.

That sounds like a good idea. It would both simplify the model and make it
more flexible.

To keep the feel of stand-alone branches, operations would always update
local branch (the one defaulting to current working dir I mean).

On the other hand operations would ignore remote working copy to remain
simple. The remote checkout can always be updated by explicitly calling
bzr update on it.

The archive branches would still remain a bit different, as they would use
the shared storage.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>