What we did at UBZ

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Tue Nov 15 03:45:25 GMT 2005

This one time, at band camp, Michael Ellerman wrote:

>> > Is that really a show-stopper? On my server they're hidden, but still
>> > browsable as long as you know they're there. I don't see why that's
>> > really a problem?
>>
>> 'as long as you know they are there'. Thats the key - much of bzr works
>> right now without you *needing to know*. That makes it very
>> discoverable, and very easy to use. I'd hate to compromise that
>> unnecessarily.
>
>Except that .bzr isn't discoverable via http? So perhaps it should be called
>+bzr ?

I specifically don't have Options Indexes in my http bzr branches, but they
still work if you point bzr at them; nothing in the branch is
'discoverable', so the name of '.bzr' is irrelevant as long as the tool
knows what it's looking for.

I'd be upset if .bzr changed to +bzr to work around the fact that http
doesn't do directory listings.  (Unless I'm mistaken and these new archive
branches don't bear any impact on what I currently understand to be a
branch.)