What we did at UBZ

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Tue Nov 15 00:10:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:02, John A Meinel wrote:
> > Centralized storage
> > ===================
> > http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrArchives
> >
> > We will introduce 'archives'.  Much like the archives in Arch, they will
> > be structures that contain both branches and revisions.  They will not
> > have working trees.  You will be able to name your branches pretty much
> > anything, within the archive. (Except, maybe ./+storage)  Branch naming
> > will be explicit, not implicit as in the centralized storage design I
> > proposed.
>
> I was thinking about this. What if we used
> $archive/
>   +archive/
>     archive-format
>     storage/
>       weaves/

Or how about ",+${archive-foo-directory}##_^"

Just exercising my tla crack detector ;)

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person