Bug triaging

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Nov 13 19:43:15 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 14:57 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> So we have an ExpectedFailure for unfixed bugs and Skipped for tests
> that are platform-impossible?  Sounds pretty good.
>
> We could have a @failing_test decorator that would rethrow any exception
>  wrapped with ExpectedFailure, or else throw UnexpectedSuccess.  I think
> UnexpectedSuccess is useful for keeping the test suite fresh.
>
> We could also do @platform_test(platform.has_symlinks), etc, to skip tests.

For the folk following along at home:

We'll add an exception to indicate Skips - tests that could be run, but
are not due to a missing dependency.
Another exception will indicate expected failures - tests that are
checking with fine granularity that something *fails*.
And we'll provide a class wide list of needed features, to disable tests
that can never run on a platform.

http://bazaar.canonical.com/BzrExtendTestSuite

Rob